Definición de piscivorous en inglés:
(Of an animal) feeding on fish.
- As would be assumed with juvenile or young fish, some predation could occur from piscivorous birds.
- The Yarra River is a large slow-moving stream that empties into the Caribbean Sea and contains many large piscivorous predators.
- Those effects are exacerbated in piscivorous species, because of the tendency of PCBs to biomagnify at upper trophic levels.
- Example sentences
- Adult beluga sturgeon are mainly piscivores, swimming at middle depths and preying mostly on pelagic fish species.
- As they mature, their foraging patterns shift and the fish become opportunistic piscivores.
- Malapterurus electricus is a voracious piscivore, hunting and stunning its prey using its paralyzing electrical organ discharge.
Definición de piscivorous en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan