(Of an animal) feeding on fish.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As would be assumed with juvenile or young fish, some predation could occur from piscivorous birds.
- The Yarra River is a large slow-moving stream that empties into the Caribbean Sea and contains many large piscivorous predators.
- Those effects are exacerbated in piscivorous species, because of the tendency of PCBs to biomagnify at upper trophic levels.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Adult beluga sturgeon are mainly piscivores, swimming at middle depths and preying mostly on pelagic fish species.
- As they mature, their foraging patterns shift and the fish become opportunistic piscivores.
- Malapterurus electricus is a voracious piscivore, hunting and stunning its prey using its paralyzing electrical organ discharge.
Definición de piscivorous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.