- Besides leaving salt deposits, rusting internal parts and causing valve damage, water in an engine also makes short work of pistons and cylinders.
- The central control circuit then sends a control signal to the driver's circuit for the accumulator piston.
- The aluminum block has ductile iron cylinder liners and is filled with JE pistons.
- It is in C, a tone above the euphonium, and reaches the lowest notes with the aid of six pistons; its upward range is much greater than that of the larger tubas.
- The valves and pistons on a trumpet are very delicate - and essential.
Early 18th century: from French, from Italian pistone, variant of pestone 'large pestle', augmentative of pestello 'pestle'.
The Latin pistullum meant pestle (Middle English) and is the source of the botanical pistil (early 18th century) from its similar shape. From the same source Italian formed pestone for a large pestle or rammer, and this, via French, is the source of piston.
Palabras que riman con pistoncistern, Liston, Wystan
Definición de piston en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.