A venomous snake of a group distinguished by visible sensory pits on the head which can detect prey by heat. They are found in both America and Asia.
- Subfamily Crotalinae, family Viperidae: numerous genera and species, including the rattlesnakes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Madam Relena had returned to her couch and now sat imperiously in it watching Mark as a pit viper does its prey.
- First, it impersonates a pit viper, coiling and striking and hissing viciously.
- The bushmaster, at up to 10 feet long, is the world's largest pit viper and a dangerous one.
Definición de pit viper en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.