- 1A large jug.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Carrying a glass pitcher full of dark-brown liquid, with a healthy head of foam on it, he places it and two drinking bowls before us.
- He poured a glass of water from a plastic pitcher and pressed it into my hands.
- I finally found the strength to move, I picked up the cream china pitcher and poured the cool water into the basin and washed my face.
- 1.1The contents of a pitcher: a pitcher of waterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- As a result, they also had a wings and beer special where you get a pitcher of beer along with 20 jumbo chicken wings for only $20.
- For instance, Manoj, a software engineer, prefers to have a pitcher of chilled sweet toddy with friends to beat the lethargy of a lazy Sunday.
- We had Big-P's special burgers last week and I made a pitcher of delicious summer punch to go with them…
- 3The modified leaf of a pitcher plant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The sides of the pitcher are slippery and may be grooved in such a way so as to ensure that the insects cannot climb out.
- These will grow tall green pitchers with a wavy lid and light red veining.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Only a slob would make and refrigerate a pitcherful in advance.
- Callum Balfour had been up for hours, mulling over accounts and business and chugging water with Alka Seltzer by the pitcherful.
- Mrs. Wexler came in, carrying a tray with six filled glasses and a pitcherful of the drink.
Middle English: from Old French pichier 'pot', based on late Latin picarium.
- 1 Baseball The player who delivers the ball to the batter.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The catcher has to stay within the box until the pitcher delivers the ball.
- It was a situation in which most pitchers would deliver a fastball to get the first strike.
- All eight patients were competitive baseball players (seven pitchers, one catcher).