Definición de pitchfork en inglés:
A farm tool with a long handle and two sharp metal prongs, used for lifting hay.
- He arranged two lines of men with flails, clubs, pitchforks, sickles, and reaping hooks.
- A couple of farm workers had collected pitchforks.
- It does have some decent scenes of horror, including an impaling with a pitchfork and a sickle.
verbo[with object and adverbial of direction] Volver al principio
1.1Thrust (someone) suddenly into an unexpected and difficult situation: he was pitchforked into the job for six months
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A year after he first played for New South Wales here at the SCG, he was pitchforked into the Australia team at 20.
- And being suddenly pitchforked into that select group of classmates after twenty years away from such environment, I immediately felt at home and quickly realized I readily could keep up with the group.
- That at once is pitchforking me into a full review of the whole of the case.
late Middle English: from earlier pickfork, influenced by the verb pitch1 (because the tool is used for ‘pitching’ or throwing sheaves on to a stack).
Definición de pitchfork en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan