Definición de pitchfork en inglés:
A farm tool with a long handle and two sharp metal prongs, used for lifting hay.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He arranged two lines of men with flails, clubs, pitchforks, sickles, and reaping hooks.
- A couple of farm workers had collected pitchforks.
- It does have some decent scenes of horror, including an impaling with a pitchfork and a sickle.
verbo[with object and adverbial of direction] Volver al principio
1.1Thrust (someone) suddenly into an unexpected and difficult situation: he was pitchforked into the job for six months
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A year after he first played for New South Wales here at the SCG, he was pitchforked into the Australia team at 20.
- And being suddenly pitchforked into that select group of classmates after twenty years away from such environment, I immediately felt at home and quickly realized I readily could keep up with the group.
- That at once is pitchforking me into a full review of the whole of the case.
late Middle English: from earlier pickfork, influenced by the verb pitch1 (because the tool is used for ‘pitching’ or throwing sheaves on to a stack).
Definición de pitchfork en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia