A small ground-dwelling thrush-like bird with brightly coloured plumage and a very short tail, found in the Old World tropics.
- Family Pittidae and genus Pitta: many species
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Even though pittas are often very brightly colored, the color is usually located either on their undersides or on areas that can be covered when the wings are folded.
- Asities' closest relatives are actually pittas and broadbills (Eurylaimidae).
- Pittas and broadbills are found primarily in southern and southeastern Asia, but a small number of species from both groups are found in Africa, and two species of pittas have reached Australia from the north.
Mid 19th century: from Telugu piṭṭa '(young) bird'.
Palabras que riman con pittabitter, committer, critter, embitter, emitter, fitter, flitter, fritter, glitter, gritter, hitter, jitter, knitter, litter, permitter, quitter, remitter, sitter, skitter, slitter, spitter, splitter, submitter, titter, transmitter, twitter, witter
(also pitta bread, North American pita)
Flat, hollow, slightly leavened bread which can be split open to hold a filling: low-calorie starters include tzatziki with a little pitta [count noun]: flat pitta breads make perfect sandwiches
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I like real food; pitta bread not garlic pitta bread.
- One of the main Arab dishes is called hummus, which is ground chickpeas and garlic with spices served with flat pita bread.
- We had the wine, the sparkling water, the started salad, the starter garlic pita bread and then pizzas all round.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda