Definición de place bet en inglés:
1(In the UK) a bet on a horse to win a place in a race, usually first, second, or third.
- Professionals don't completely eschew the standard win and place bet, but their focus is overwhelmingly on the exotic bets, especially trifectas.
- A race must have five runners or more for you to be able to make a place bet.
1.1(In the US) a bet on a horse to come first or second.
- It was a fine day at a lovely little track, a day only slightly marred by the fact that I didn't cash once, not even one teensy little place bet to give me a momentary feeling of winnerness.
- It stands to reason that the most famous place bet in the world was a subject of some confusion in the great motion picture, "The Sting."
place betting sustantivo
- Example sentences
- If we go back to the Racing Act of 1971, section 38 talks about win betting, place betting, double betting, and so on.
- Virtually risk-free laying means that bookmakers are enjoying too big a share of the cake and gobbling it down, and punters are not happy about having to rely on a few brave bookies and the Tote for place betting.
- Ensure that you seek out the best value from your bookmaker here as many firms will be offering place betting on five or even six places.