Ordinary clothes rather than uniform, especially when worn by police officers: [as modifier]: plain-clothes detectives
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was chased by three to five policemen in plain clothes.
- We wore plain clothes rather than uniform and slept in them, including our shoes, for weeks on end.
- Some of that misunderstanding may have arisen innocently, if for example a witness saw a man leaping the barrier without realising that he was in fact a police officer in plain clothes.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The man, whom he said looked like a Pakistani was being pursued by three plain-clothed officers.
- She arrived at the house late last week, along with a plain-clothed female officer in a red VW Golf.
- In broad daylight of mid-day, six plain-clothed policemen stopped them.
Definición de plain clothes en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.