Definición de plain clothes en inglés:
Ordinary clothes rather than uniform, especially when worn by police officers: [as modifier]: plain-clothes detectives
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He was chased by three to five policemen in plain clothes.
- We wore plain clothes rather than uniform and slept in them, including our shoes, for weeks on end.
- Some of that misunderstanding may have arisen innocently, if for example a witness saw a man leaping the barrier without realising that he was in fact a police officer in plain clothes.
- Example sentences
- The man, whom he said looked like a Pakistani was being pursued by three plain-clothed officers.
- She arrived at the house late last week, along with a plain-clothed female officer in a red VW Golf.
- In broad daylight of mid-day, six plain-clothed policemen stopped them.
Definición de plain clothes en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan