Definición de planetesimal en inglés:
A minute planet; a body which could come together with many others under gravitation to form a planet.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Asteroids are small bodies in space - the numerous leftover planetesimals from which the planets were made nearly 4.6 billion years ago.
- Although planets, moons and planetesimals may seem to be very different astronomically, their common origin shows that this is not so.
- As planetesimals grow still larger, their gravitational attraction increases, allowing them to become even more effective at accreting nearby planetesimals.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Denoting or relating to planetesimals: the planetesimal material orbiting the sun
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Models of planetesimal disks suggest that low relative velocities between the bodies produce accretion (objects hit and stay together) rather than fragmentation (objects break up and disperse).
- His greatest contribution, however, was his planetesimal hypothesis of the origin of the planets.
- After all, planetesimal sized portions of the Solar System cannot be considered to be orbiting the Earth, except in the obvious case of the Moon.
Early 20th century: from planet, on the pattern of infinitesimal.
Definición de planetesimal en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda