Definición de planetesimal en inglés:
A minute planet; a body which could come together with many others under gravitation to form a planet.
- Asteroids are small bodies in space - the numerous leftover planetesimals from which the planets were made nearly 4.6 billion years ago.
- Although planets, moons and planetesimals may seem to be very different astronomically, their common origin shows that this is not so.
- As planetesimals grow still larger, their gravitational attraction increases, allowing them to become even more effective at accreting nearby planetesimals.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Denoting or relating to planetesimals: the planetesimal material orbiting the sun
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Models of planetesimal disks suggest that low relative velocities between the bodies produce accretion (objects hit and stay together) rather than fragmentation (objects break up and disperse).
- His greatest contribution, however, was his planetesimal hypothesis of the origin of the planets.
- After all, planetesimal sized portions of the Solar System cannot be considered to be orbiting the Earth, except in the obvious case of the Moon.
early 20th century: from planet, on the pattern of infinitesimal.
Definición de planetesimal en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia