Definición de planish en inglés:
Flatten (sheet metal) with a smooth-faced hammer or between rollers: the smith knew just how much to planish the sheet
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To obtain full strength, the metastable beta alloys are welded in the annealed condition; the weld is cold worked by planishing, and the weldment is then solution treated and aged.
- Once I got the shape I wanted, I then planished the metal to smooth out the bumps and wrinkles.
late Middle English (in the sense 'make level'): from obsolete French planiss-, lengthened stem of planir 'to smooth', from plain 'smooth, level'.
- Example sentences
- There are some 230 workers in Work Unit 33, and 210 of them work as polishers and planishers.
- To date, such planishers have therefore been very heavy machines, basic in design and offering only limited adjustment accuracy.
Definición de planish en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan