Flatten (sheet metal) with a smooth-faced hammer or between rollers: the smith knew just how much to planish the sheet
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- To obtain full strength, the metastable beta alloys are welded in the annealed condition; the weld is cold worked by planishing, and the weldment is then solution treated and aged.
- Once I got the shape I wanted, I then planished the metal to smooth out the bumps and wrinkles.
late Middle English (in the sense 'make level'): from obsolete French planiss-, lengthened stem of planir 'to smooth', from plain 'smooth, level'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are some 230 workers in Work Unit 33, and 210 of them work as polishers and planishers.
- To date, such planishers have therefore been very heavy machines, basic in design and offering only limited adjustment accuracy.
Definición de planish en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.