- A map formed by the projection of a sphere or part of a sphere on a plane, especially an adjustable circular star map that shows the appearance of the heavens at a specific time and place.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- On the third floor of the Paris Observatory Cassini had laid out a planisphere, a map of the World using an azimuthal projection with the North Pole at the centre.
- Also known as a star wheel, a planisphere is the secret decoder of the sky.
- Emerging from the whitewashed labyrinth of the Stone Town I found myself looking straight onto a pair of large nineteenth century buildings, both built immediately against the flat blue planisphere of the sea.
late Middle English planisperie, from medieval Latin planisphaerium, from Latin planus 'level' + sphaera 'sphere'; later influenced by French planisphère.
Más definiciones de planisphereDefinición de planisphere en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.