- (Of a mammal) walking on the soles of the feet, like a human or a bear. Compare with digitigrade.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Erinaceids can be identified by their dental formula, complete zygomatic arches (the jugal is present), eyes and ears of moderate size, and plantigrade foot posture.
- A skinned bear carcass resembles a human corpse; and, because the bear is a plantigrade animal with broad soles and five digits, imprints left by its paws resemble human footprints more than those of other animals.
- Valentine and Estroltch - two males - are fascinating to watch because of their plantigrade feet, which means both heel and toe make contact with the ground, causing them to walk like humans.
mid 19th century: from French, from modern Latin plantigradus, from Latin planta 'sole' + -gradus '-walking'.
Más definiciones de plantigradeDefinición de plantigrade en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.