sustantivo (plural plantocracies)
- A population of planters regarded as the dominant class, especially in the West Indies: the old, colonial houses built by the plantocracyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A Coromantyn chieftain lead a bloody Easter morning slavery uprising in 1860 across frontier property, against the elite plantocracy.
- Perhaps spurred by the era of Republican dominance and a reassertive ruling class, historians have given new attention to the plantocracy.
- Sometimes staying at hotels, but just as often the guest of resident expatriates, he mixed in rather refined circles, witnessing the last gasp of the old plantocracy and the colonial system.
Más definiciones de plantocracyDefinición de plantocracy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.