1The quality of being easily shaped or moulded: fine clay, at the right degree of plasticity, is more useful
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Selection experiments have even targeted the degree of phenotypic plasticity of particular traits.
- Such a description should include reference to the particle size distribution of the soil, plasticity, colour, texture, and mineral composition.
- The hydrodynamic effect makes more probable the induction of plasticity after calcium ions flow in.
2 Biology The adaptability of an organism to changes in its environment or differences between its various habitats.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- This plasticity allows an organism to adjust continually to changing daylength as the seasons of the year progress.
- Alliaria petiolata displays plasticity to varied habitat conditions including levels of shading.
- Such dynamic conditions require plasticity in behavior as a means of tracking environmental change.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: plas|ti¦city
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda