- 1The plate in a small letterpress printing press which presses the paper against the type.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The pressman pulled on the bar, causing the platen to press the tympan on the inked type and taking the impression.
- All these prototypes were shaped into panels of various commercial thicknesses with a steam-heated platen press.
- The first power-driven platen press was developed about 1822.
- 2The cylindrical roller in a typewriter against which the paper is held.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I'd set it up on the desk in my bedroom and feed a couple of sheets of paper down behind the platen roller.
- Strangely I feel this too with the early poems, a sense of deliberation, you can almost hear the typewriter keys hit the paper on the platen.
- Crack open any inkjet, and you'll find the same parts - paper feed, platens, optical tracking tape, and so on.
late 16th century: from French platine 'flat piece' from plat 'flat'.
Más definiciones de platenDefinición de platen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.