- He earned a berth on the World team in the All-Star Game and received the ultimate plaudit from coach Darryl Sutter, who appraised Nabokov's play by admitting that, ‘I don't worry about our goaltending.’
- But teasing from team-mates is as much a backhanded plaudit as jeers from opposition supporters, which is why both the ribbing and the heckling have been gathering momentum the older this season gets.
- The film smoothly rides on its success, earning the plaudit of being one of the highest-ever grossers in the Malayalam film industry.
- While Martinez got the plaudits she deserved, Navratilova was given the longest standing ovation Centre Court has ever seen.
- All the plaudits that came Clarke's way and the ovations of the galleries were richly deserved.
Early 17th century: plaudit shortened from Latin plaudite 'applaud!' (said by Roman actors at the end of a play), imperative plural of plaudere.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: plau|dits
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.