Definición de plebiscite en inglés:
1The direct vote of all the members of an electorate on an important public question such as a change in the constitution: the administration will hold a plebiscite for the approval of constitutional reforms
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The leading business association even advocated a ‘no’ vote in the 1999 plebiscite on the new constitution.
- This involves not one but three votes in two plebiscites and one federal referendum - and heaven knows how many state votes.
- There could be no question of a plebiscite on a constitution, after what had happened in Piedmont, and Napoleon was not one to waste time with constituent assemblies.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Furthermore, the plebiscitary presidency is dependent upon the creation of ‘spectacles’ that encourage awestruck citizens to become passive spectators rather than active participants in politics.
- Twentieth-century totalitarians - fascists and communists - felt constrained to bow toward popular sovereignty with plebiscitary forms.
- The Good Friday agreement's plebiscitary clauses in Northern Ireland are also rife with inflammatory possibilities, jeopardizing the losers' future.
Palabras que riman con plebisciteTilsit • babysit • deficit
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda