Definición de plexus en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or plexuses)Anatomy
1A network of nerves or vessels in the body.
- Around the abdominal aorta, the aortic plexus of nerves can be identified.
- The doubled veins may unite in front and behind the artery to form a plexus around that vessel.
- This nerve is considered by some authors as the most variable nerve of the lumbar plexus.
late 17th century: from Latin, literally 'plaited formation', past participle of plectere 'to plait'.
- Example sentences
- Other findings include secondary medial hypertrophy of pulmonary arteries, alveolar hemorrhage, and absence of plexiform lesions.
- In addition, nitrotyrosine expression was also observed in 18 of 25 plexiform lesions.
- Both the localized and plexiform neurofibromas of neurofibromatosis type 1 carry an increased risk of malignant degeneration.
Definición de plexus en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan