A movement in which a dancer bends the knees and straightens them again, usually with the feet turned right out and heels firmly on the ground.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Budding ballet stars who want to practise their pirouettes and pliés with dancing star Wayne Sleep will have the chance this Sunday.
- He stands in a wide plié, then shifts his weight to one knee.
- A juicy plié will soften your landings and impel your take-off.
Perform a plié: Krishtof would raise me, then plié round me
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Claiming to have understood that ‘dancing was going to be my life’ by the time she was a teenager, she can plié astoundingly well and has been performing with Les Grands Ballets Canadiens de Montréal for the past three years.
- He can pirouette and plié with the best of them but he needs professional help to dance his way to the top.
- On the first day I couldn't plié and my foot didn't stretch properly, but all I could do was pretend that I had never done ballet before in my life.
French, literally 'bent', past participle of plier (see also ply1).
Palabras que riman con pliédéshabillé
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: plié
Definición de plié en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda