- 1Land that is ploughed for growing crops; arable land.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The forest east of the Appalachians had largely gone, to be replaced by pasture and plowland, and had been severely reduced between the mountains and the Mississippi.
- There was no point cutting forests to expand plowlands if there wasn't enough dung to build soil or enough labor to spread it.
- You can't lay out a fence line or shape a plowland or fell a tree or break a colt merely by observing general principles.
- 1.1 [count noun] A measure of land used in the northern and eastern counties of England after the Norman conquest, based on the area able to be ploughed in a year by a team of eight oxen.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Now tractors, settled villages and efficient irrigation schemes fed from dams along the Sebou river have turned the area into permanent ploughland.