Definición de plughole en inglés:
A hole at the lowest point of a bath, basin, or sink, down which waste water drains away and which can be stopped with a plug.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- I scrubbed the bath out with bleach; I poured it down the plugholes of the bath and sinks, then took the bag out to the car as well.
- To explore this to its logical conclusion, every time you pull your bath plug you see spontaneous order emerge in the way water spirals down the plughole, instead of simply plunging in an every-molecule-for-itself fashion.
- Any bath water we don't use over 24 hours is let down the plughole and the bath is washed before we collect that day's ‘fresh’ grey water.
go down the plughole
- informal Be unsuccessful, lost, or wasted: the company went down the plugholeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If the company became insolvent and pension contributions went down the plughole, workers would not receive any state aid, trustees argued.
- However, it's a crucial step because, without it, all your plans can go down the plughole.
- The pressure was building because so much had been achieved and now it was threatening to go down the plughole.
Palabras que riman con plugholelughole
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Pakistán