sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
A parasitic protozoan that can cause fatal pneumonia in people affected with immunodeficiency disease.
- Pneumocystis carinii, phylum Sporozoa
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Moreover, providing treatment to prevent vertical transmission of HIV could save the NHS money - for example, by preventing the need for emergency care of an unnecessarily HIV infected infant with pneumocystis pneumonia.
- She would also be encouraged to begin prophylaxis for pneumocystis carinii pneumonia with Bactrim.
- He confirms that the photographer was HIV-positive but noted that the pneumonia was not pneumocystis pneumonia, the type usually associated with HIV.
Definición de pneumocystis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.