- 1A pitted scar or mark on the skin left by a pustule or spot: the only possible reason for the thickness of the make-up was the pockmarks underneathMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His wrinkly old skin held pockmarks and warts and scabs, and he had a large crooked nose.
- ‘Even without scratching spots on the face can leave the familiar pockmark scars,’ she said.
- Scabs, blemishes, and pockmarks pervaded the rest of his face.
- 1.1A scar, mark, or pitted area disfiguring a surface: pockmarks and gouges in the brickworkMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There were shrapnel pockmarks from bow to stern, and the main living area was just one enormous cavity of burnt wood, twisted metal and torn cables.
- I'm talking about wear and tear - just faint pockmarks - within the track area.
- The surface was covered with the tiny pockmarks of meteor strikes.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Cover or disfigure with pockmarks: the area is pockmarked by gravel pits (as adjective pockmarked) a pockmarked faceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- All the buildings are pockmarked and streaked with dust.
- Inside her flat the carpet was covered in broken glass and plaster, the walls pockmarked by bullets and shrapnel.
- The highway leading to the hospital and the trade fair was pockmarked with craters caused by the attack.