adjetivo (podgier, podgiest)British informal
(Of a person or part of their body) rather fat; chubby: he put a podgy arm round Alan’s shoulders
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The man wasn't tall, quite the contrary, he was podgy with a round, smiling face.
- I know what I am, I'm podgy, so why get insulted about it?
- Last time I went there was April Fools' Day last year when it was practically deserted but for half a dozen podgy guys dancing on a smoky dance floor to So Macho.
chubby, plump, fat, fattish, stout, rotund, buxom, well upholstered, well covered, well padded, of ample proportions, ample, roly-poly, round, rounded, well rounded, full, chunky, broad in the beam, dumpy, portly, overweight, fleshy, paunchy, bulky
British informal fubsy
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Here was a fellow who looked podgy, and podginess immediately makes people think that you mustn't be able to run, you mustn't be able to do anything.