- A coniferous tree or shrub chiefly native to the southern hemisphere, widely grown as an ornamental or timber tree.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Genus Podocarpus, family Podocarpaceae
- After crossing the beautiful Mahitahi River you drive through an impressive avenue of mixed rimu and podocarps and ferns and tree ferns.
- Vegetation dominated by low density stands of podocarp and taxodiod conifers grew on mobile braided alluvial plains where it was subject to regular catastrophic flooding events.
- These sound like a contradiction in terms, but the name refers to an area on the mainland, mainly in forests of beech and podocarps, which would be treated like an island and given intensive pest control programmes.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin Podocarpus, from Greek pous, pod- 'foot' + karpos 'fruit'.
Más definiciones de podocarpDefinición de podocarp en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.