- 1A person who writes poems.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The radio play became an art form in its own right and attracted novelists and poets as well as dramatists.
- The two are linked by Heinrich Heine, the German poet whose writing spawned them.
- I'm tempted to say that we have a good number of poets who can write but cannot read.
- 1.1A person possessing special powers of imagination or expression: he is more poet than academic because of his gift for languageMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And those who translate such works into English today tend to be academics rather than poets.
- The story of this disaster was developed by the imagination of numerous poets.
Middle English: from Old French poete, via Latin from Greek poētēs, variant of poiētēs 'maker, poet', from poiein 'create'.