Definición de poet en inglés:
- The radio play became an art form in its own right and attracted novelists and poets as well as dramatists.
- The two are linked by Heinrich Heine, the German poet whose writing spawned them.
- I'm tempted to say that we have a good number of poets who can write but cannot read.
- And those who translate such works into English today tend to be academics rather than poets.
- The story of this disaster was developed by the imagination of numerous poets.
A poet is literally ‘a maker’, a term that was also used to mean a poet in the Middle Ages, coming from Greek poētēs, ‘maker, poet’. When someone experiences a fitting or deserved retribution for their actions, you can say that it is poetic justice. Alexander Pope used the phrase in his satire The Dunciad ( 1742), where he depicts ‘Poetic Justice, with her lifted scale’. See also laurel
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.