Definición de poinciana en inglés:
A tropical tree of the pea family, with showy red or red and yellow flowers.
- Genera Caesalpinia and Delonix (formerly Poinciana), family Leguminosae: several species, including the flamboyant
- Ask about the medicinal qualities of plants like the poinciana (the national flower), wild sage (used in teas to treat colds and chills), and soursop (used to make ice cream and preserves, and as a sedative for children).
- It's lovely to have magnificent old trees in the garden - jacarandas, gums, poincianas - but sometimes the ground beneath them becomes a wasteland of scrappy grass, roots and weeds.
- McLean's journey began in Nightcliff, the Darwin bayside suburb where the streets are named after jacarandas and poincianas and every garden bursts with tropical life.
mid 18th century: modern Latin, named after M. de Poinci, a 17th-century governor of the Antilles.
Definición de poinciana en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan