sustantivo (plural point-to-points)British
- An amateur steeplechase for horses used in hunting, over a set cross-country course: [as modifier]: a point-to-point meetingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘I have a horse called Bobby George at home and I work on a farm that keeps racing horses for point-to-points,’ she said.
- They hunted with her, ran her in point-to-points and in due course, bred from her and she was the grand dam of the great Gold Cup winner himself.
- Some years ago, however, the Jockey Club drew up contingency plans in anticipation of a ban, which will allow horses to race in point-to-points even if they are unable to participate in hunting.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- 1(Of a route or journey) from one place to the next without stopping or changing; direct: flights will last longer on point-to-point routesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- America West has watched its earnings improve after making similar changes last year, scrapping its Columbus, Ohio, hub and focusing on point-to-point routes and the airline's hubs in Las Vegas and Phoenix.
- The record breaking flight by Global Hawk was the fist non-stop crossing of the Pacific Ocean and the longest point-to-point journey ever undertaken by an unmanned aircraft, a total distance of 13,840 kilometres.
- Those extra planes could provide more jobs for pilots - and allow the airline to fly more profitable point-to-point routes.
- 1.1(Of a telecommunication or computer link) directly from the sender to the receiver: frame relay switches handle point-to-point connectionsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The best example of this improvement is the replacement of the point-to-point links in favor of a redundant, wireless optical mesh network providing carrier-grade availability.
- The impact of a wireless transmission is not confined to a stable set of point-to-point links, as in a wired network, but reaches any receiver within its range.
- Modern microwave links are quite prevalent due to the cost effective nature of utilizing microwave point-to-point links to relay traffic compared to wire-line rental rates and fiber usage.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘I took out a permit five years ago and I train six or seven, mostly point-to-pointers,’ said McConville.
- David Easterby, son of Mick, has a decent team of point-to-pointers and hunter chases under his care at Sheriff Hutton and Kings Boy can be another winner for him and rider Tom Greenall.
- ‘I only have two horses plus two point-to-pointers so this is a big thrill,’ said Fox.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is so determinedly relaxed a character that if Armageddon were announced the fullback, dubbed ‘Toff’, gives the impression that he would immediately go point-to-pointing with the four horsemen of the apocalypse.
- ‘We have eight horses on the farm bred for hunting and point-to-pointing and there is a strong family tradition of competing and winning,’ she explained.
- Owners and trainers make great efforts to ensure that horses move on after racing to other occupations like point-to-pointing, show-jumping or recreation.
Más definiciones de point-to-pointDefinición de point-to-point en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.