- 1Having a sharpened or tapered tip or end: his face tapers to a pointed chinMás ejemplos en oraciones
sharp, spear-like, needle-like, spear-shaped, V-shaped, tapering, tapered, cone-shaped, conic, conical, acute, sharp-cornered, wedge-shaped, sharp-edged, edged, jagged, spiky, spiked, barbed• informal pointy
- The face tapered to a pointed chin, leaving room for a small nose and tiny mouth.
- A horrendous smirk of a smile polluted Jen's bruised face as her fingers sharpened into pointed razor claws.
- The engineering module was the largest part of the ship, the vehicle tapering off to a pointed nose-cone.
- 2(Of a remark or look) expressing criticism in a direct and unambiguous way: pointed comments were made about racial discrimination within the armyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Well, I was too angry, and I wanted to ask direct questions, pointed questions.
- They didn't comment but kept staring at me with the same pointed look.
- She responded with a pointed look, and he shrugged.
- sense 2.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He hopped around with great agility on his one leg, watching the children at play, who pointedly ignored him.
- I also have to stop myself staring pointedly at, oh, say, anyone wearing brown boots with an all-black outfit.
- I used to use a bank that pointedly did not have listed phone numbers for any of its branches in the phone book.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He processes individual words, recognizes them in terms of their perspectives and captures the compression and pointedness of the narration along with the writers' relationship with their subject-matters.
- It is also written in excruciatingly careful prose, belying the pointedness of its conclusions.
- I interpreted the first shape component as wing pointedness.