A technique of neo-impressionist painting using tiny dots of various pure colours, which become blended in the viewer’s eye. It was developed by Seurat with the aim of producing a greater degree of luminosity and brilliance of colour.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The actual art-historical purpose of this show is to help Signac escape from the shadow of Georges Seurat, the master theorist of pointillism, or divisionism - the theory upon which Signac founded his own work.
- Her interests in optical effects came partly through her study of the Neo-Impressionist technique of pointillism, but when she took up Op art in the early 1960s she worked initially in black-and-white.
- After introducing Georges Seurat and pointillism, line desks with newspaper.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Further European travel during the course of his life left an indelible impression on his work, particularly the painting of the symbolists, impressionists, Nabis, post impressionists, pointillists, Paul Cezanne, and Henri Matisse.
- His starting-point was the Neo-Impressionism of Georges Seurat, but instead of using Seurat's pointillist technique he investigated the interaction of large areas of contrasting colours.
- The sheer size of both works easily reveals each grain of color within the picture plane so that they appear as contemporary reflections of the pointillist style of Georges Seurat.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Under her they merely turn from pointillistic snapshots into abstract expressionism.
- Blurred shapes, black-velvet shadows, and pointillistic details crowd Lindsay's gorgeous monochrome visions of trout, bugs, and anglers found streamside from Wyoming to British Columbia.
- Since tightly integrated systems are likely to serve critical survival functions (such as feeding, locomotion or escape), the resistance to pointillistic, adaptive modification of individual characters might be very great, indeed.
Early 20th century: from French pointillisme, from pointiller 'mark with dots'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: poin¦til|lism
Definición de pointillism en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda