- Each of the small cells which bud off from an oocyte at the two meiotic divisions and do not develop into ova.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In most multicellular organisms, each of the two meiotic divisions in females results in an oocyte and a polar body, each of which has a distinct morphology and developmental fate.
- At this time, the primary oocyte's first meiotic division occurs, resulting in the formation of the first polar body and the secondary oocyte.
- The implication of this suggestion is a chromosome segregation effect in which meiotic nondisjunction would more likely result in the retention of an additional chromosome in the oocyte than in the polar body.
Más definiciones de polar bodyDefinición de polar body en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.