sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
A method of analysis in which a sample is subjected to electrolysis using a special electrode and a range of applied voltages, a plot of current against voltage showing steps corresponding to particular chemical species and proportional to their concentration.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In electrochemical analysis by such methods as anodic stripping voltammetry, cyclic voltammetry, differential pulse polarography, and potentiometry, the anode always functions as the site of oxidation.
- The states of the Mn complex reached after increasing periods of heating were investigated by oxygen polarography, EPR spectroscopy, and, in particular, by x-ray absorption spectroscopy.
- He was a physical chemist who won the Nobel Prize in 1959 for his discovery of polarography and its use in analytic chemistry.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most popular are the polarographic and the optical spectroscopic methods.
- A standard polarographic assay was used to measure oxygen consumption by the isolated mitochondria.
- The measurement of arterial PO 2 was revolutionized by the introduction of the polarographic oxygen electrode.
Definición de polarography en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.