sustantivo (plural politburos)
- 1The principal policymaking committee of a communist party.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He retired from the politburo at the Communist Party's sixth convention in 1986, when the country's ‘doi moi’ economic reforms were formally endorsed.
- The FSLN National Directorate, like a Communist Party politburo, was the sole entity governing both the instruments of coercion and the judicial system.
- The agenda for the three-day party convention does not include discussion on succession or earlier demands from dissenters that Mugabe's powers be reduced and the party politburo, its main policy-making body, be elected not appointed.
- 1.1 (Politburo) The principal policymaking committee in the former Soviet Union, founded in 1917. Also called (1952–66) the Presidium.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During the remainder of 1970, Honecker built up support within the Politburo and the Central Committee.
- Zaisser, a Party supporter all his life, was stripped of his job and kicked out of the Politburo, the Central Committee, and the Party.
- Prodded by the Stasi chief, the Politburo persuaded the Czech government to close its borders to East Germans.
from Russian politbyuro, from polit(icheskoe) byuro 'political bureau'.
Más definiciones de politburoDefinición de politburo en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.