sustantivo (plural igual or pollacks)
- An edible greenish-brown fish of the cod family, with a protruding lower jaw. Found in the NE Atlantic, it is popular with anglers.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Pollachius pollachius, family Gadidae
- As a youngster he fished off the rocks for the usual species of cod, pollack, coley, wrasse, mackerel and dogfish with the odd plaice or eel.
- North of Holyhead and round to Rhos-on-Sea the wrecks carry both pollack and coalfish, but the size of the pollack can drop and fish of 10 lbs are considered good fish.
- These include scallops, shrimp, crab, haddock, cod, pollack, snapper, halibut and white tuna.
late Middle English: perhaps of Celtic origin.
Más definiciones de pollackDefinición de pollack en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.