Definición de pollack en inglés:
sustantivo (plural igual or pollacks)
An edible greenish-brown fish of the cod family, with a protruding lower jaw. Found in the NE Atlantic, it is popular with anglers.
- Pollachius pollachius, family Gadidae
- As a youngster he fished off the rocks for the usual species of cod, pollack, coley, wrasse, mackerel and dogfish with the odd plaice or eel.
- North of Holyhead and round to Rhos-on-Sea the wrecks carry both pollack and coalfish, but the size of the pollack can drop and fish of 10 lbs are considered good fish.
- These include scallops, shrimp, crab, haddock, cod, pollack, snapper, halibut and white tuna.
late Middle English: perhaps of Celtic origin.
Definición de pollack en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan