- A fine powdery substance, typically yellow, consisting of microscopic grains discharged from the male part of a flower or from a male cone. Each grain contains a male gamete that can fertilize the female ovule, to which pollen is transported by the wind, insects, or other animals.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The stigmas were then pollinated with pollen from a flower whose anther had dehisced that day.
- These bees visited flowers in search of pollen, adopting a supine posture as they entered the corolla tube.
- The egg cell is fertilized by pollen from the male sex organs, the stamens.
mid 18th century: from Latin, literally 'fine powder'.
Más definiciones de pollenDefinición de pollen en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.