sustantivo (plural pollices /-lɪsiːz/)Anatomy & Zoology
- The innermost digit of a forelimb, especially the thumb in primates.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The forefeet and hindfeet have 3 large digits; the pollex and hallux are reduced in size or absent and the fifth finger is very small.
- Four clawed digits are found on each forefoot (the pollex or ‘thumb’ is small and bears a nail); the hind foot in most has five clawed digits (but sometimes the hallux or first toe has a nail).
- All eusauropods, in contrast, are characterized by a shortened manus in which each digit bears two or fewer phalanges, and only the pollex bears an ungual.
mid 19th century: from Latin, literally 'thumb or big toe'.
Más definiciones de pollexDefinición de pollex en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.