sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- Abnormally great thirst as a symptom of disease (such as diabetes) or psychological disturbance.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He reported classic symptoms of diabetes, including polydipsia, polyuria, fatigue, hunger, nausea, and vomiting.
- A history of diabetic symptoms such as polydipsia, polyuria and weight loss may sometimes, but not always, be present.
- Any patient treated with atypical antipsychotics should be monitored for symptoms of hyperglycemia including polydipsia, polyuria, polyphagia, and weakness.
mid 17th century: from Greek poludipsios 'very thirsty', poludipsos 'causing great thirst', based on dipsa 'thirst'.
Más definiciones de polydipsiaDefinición de polydipsia en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.