Definición de polyembryony en inglés:
sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
The formation of more than one embryo from a single fertilized ovum or in a single seed.
- A characteristic feature of gymnosperms is polyembryony manifested in the formation of more than one embryo in immature seed.
- Three-banded armadillos developed a unique antipredator strategy by entirely rolling up into a ball, and nine-banded armadillos are the only vertebrates to reproduce by obligate monozygotic polyembryony.
- The miracidia will then penetrate prosobranch snails, Elimia symmetrica, where they will transform first into mother sporocysts, which will give rise to daughter sporocysts via polyembryony.
- Example sentences
- Interestingly, multiple lineages of Hymenopterans have switched from syncytial to holoblastic embryonic cleavage, or to polyembryonic development.
- Polyembryony was further characterized by determining DNA content and fingerprints of embryos obtained from 157 polyembryonic kernels.
- At the end of the experiment, seedlings were gently removed from the soil to be sure that polyembryonic individuals were indeed separate and not simply multiple stems of a single individual.
Definición de polyembryony en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan