A substance which has a molecular structure built up chiefly or completely from a large number of similar units bonded together, e.g. many synthetic organic materials used as plastics and resins.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- High molecular weight polymers can have viscosity values in the millions of centipoise range.
- The ability of living organisms to define the molecular composition of a polymer with complete accuracy is an enviable one.
- Nucleic acids are also polymers, composed of repeating units called nucleotides.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Polyphosphates are a group of phosphates that are created from polymeric chemical compounds.
- The oil droplets contain a molecular metal oxide precursor, which polymerises on contact with water forming a polymeric metal oxide coating at the oil-water interface.
- Quill has already identified several ionic liquids in which a wide range of inorganic, organic and polymeric materials are highly soluble, making them prime candidates for small reactor volumes.
Mid 19th century: from German, from Greek polumeros 'having many parts', from polu- 'many' + meros 'a share'.
Definición de polymer en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda