- (Of a group of organisms) derived from more than one common evolutionary ancestor or ancestral group and therefore not suitable for placing in the same taxon: the aschelminthes may be a polyphyletic gradeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The present study, as well as previous molecular studies, suggest that the oegopsid squids represent a polyphyletic group with uncertain phylogenetic affinities.
- Loriciferans were originally assigned to the paraphyletic or polyphyletic group called Aschelminthes.
- The taxonomy of the group is not well resolved, with many family-group taxa considered paraphyletic or polyphyletic, and several subfamilies are unplaced at the family level.
Más definiciones de polyphyleticDefinición de polyphyletic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.