Definición de polysyllabic en inglés:
1(Of a word) having more than one syllable.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- A word containing many syllables is a polysyllable or polysyllabic word, such as selectivity and utilitarianism.
- Moreover, as noted in section 5.2.1, there is a marked tendency for polysyllabic words to commence with a stressed syllable.
- As they continue to develop, children learn to segment polysyllabic words into syllables as they approach kindergarten age and monosyllabic words into phonemes around first grade.
1.1Using or characterized by words of many syllables: polysyllabic jargon
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We should all know to avoid polysyllabic jargon.
- Chinese is monosyllabic, Japanese is polysyllabic; Japanese verbs, adjectives and adverbs inflect, whereas they don't in Chinese; and Japanese has a system of postpositions that Chinese doesn't.
- Greek has a polysyllabic vocabulary and it is often easier to communicate using something approximating to English - something that drives defenders of the Greek language wild with indignation.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- And second, the writing is so inflated, both polysyllabically and by median sentence length, that the dutiful reader cannot help feeling that he or she has been sentenced indeed.
- Were he still with us, he would no doubt be saying, "I told you so," except more polysyllabically.
Palabras que riman con polysyllabicdisyllabic, monosyllabic, syllabic
Definición de polysyllabic en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en India
Muy popular en Pakistán