- A synthetic resin in which the polymer units are linked by urethane groups, used chiefly as constituents of paints, varnishes, adhesives, and foams: five coats of polyurethane [count noun]: polyurethanes serve a variety of usesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The polymer is polyurethane, which is foamed to create closed cells.
- Athletic shoes can contain several petrochemical polymers in their soles and uppers: butadiene, polyurethane, polyethylene, and nylon, to name a few.
- A lightweight foam polymer, usually polystyrene or polyurethane, forms the core of the surfboard.
verbo[with object] (usually as adjective polyurethaned) Volver al principio
- Coat with polyurethane paint or varnish: the sanded and polyurethaned floorboardsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Unlike finish paints, shellac-base primer-sealers, such as Zinsser's B-I-N, will adhere to all cabinet surfaces-painted, polyurethaned, unfinished, Formica, plastic, metal and glass-to form a sound base for the topcoat.
- Usually they're in those awful Martha Stewart-ey sort of catalogues, stained a deep cherry and then polyurethaned for the storage of itty-bitty curios (which are sold on the facing page).
- Mother has a bad habit of seeing to it that antiques are duly re-finished and polyurethaned.
Más definiciones de polyurethaneDefinición de polyurethane en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.