Definición de polyvalent en inglés:
1 Chemistry Having a valency of three or more.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The main physical effect described by this relation is the sensitivity of lipid enrichment to valence, i.e., the increased concentration of polyvalent lipids compared to that of monovalent ones in the adsorption domain.
- The slow exchange of the central capsule for polymers and polyvalent anions might be of interest for controlled release applications.
- Covalently linking multiple copies of this peptide together on a flexible polyacrylamide backbone allowed them to construct from this a polyvalent inhibitor about 7500 times more potent than the original peptide.
2 Medicine Active against several toxins or strains of pathogen: a polyvalent antivenin
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Scientists in the United States have created a polyvalent inhibitor of the toxin that protects rats for at least one week after they receive huge doses of anthrax toxin.
- Four sets of reagents (CP-I, CP-II, CP-III and CP - IV) comprising latex beads coated with polyvalent immune sera to 17 serotypes of heat resistant CPA were used in the study.
- Patients with cirrhosis should be given a single dose of polyvalent pneumococcal vaccine as protection against infections such as peritonitis and pneumonia.
3Having many different functions, forms, or facets: the polyvalent character of his thought
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Freud introduced free association in The Interpretation of Dreams as a method to trigger expansive clusters of signification, often polyvalent and clashing in character, in order to unravel the import of a dream.
- I want members of my church to keep struggling with the polyvalent symbols of cross and flag.
- Most of the local cultures are in themselves multilayered and polyvalent.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We do not inhabit a fixed or even firm milieu, the poem suggests, while enacting polyvalence and parataxis.
- By rejecting ‘the repressive hypothesis' Foucault encourages us to examine the incidence, resourcefulness, and polyvalence of power in fields previously regarded as free from its operation.
- In the IF system, teamwork has the innovative and major objective of enhancing flexibility and reducing costs by increasing workers' polyvalence and the reduction in idle times.
Definición de polyvalent en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda