Definición de pomace en inglés:
1(Especially in cider-making) the pulpy residue remaining after fruit has been crushed in order to extract its juice.
- Control is difficult, and includes destruction of breeding places, such as piles of rejected fruit and pomace.
- The lighter pressings employed by top winemakers today means more juice or wine remains with the pomace and a more elegant, aromatic grappa can be distilled.
- Some examples of these include cottonseed, buckwheat, corncobs, grape pomace, pine straw, and pecan, walnut, and rice hulls.
1.1The pulpy matter remaining after a substance such as fish or castor oil seeds has been pressed to extract the oil or juice.
- Some English speakers called this dry pomace the press cake.
- After pressing, the olive pomace - pulp and pits - still contains a lot of oil.
- The chemical heating process in producing the so-called pomace oil from olive residues may result in the carcinogen, but pure oil, turned out by mechanically squeezing olive fruits, presented no health threat, the minister said.
Words that rhyme with pomacepumice
Definición de pomace en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India