sustantivo (plural ponchos)
- 1A garment of a type originally worn in South America, made of a thick piece of woollen cloth with a slit in the middle for the head.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Men wear trousers, shirts, and woven ponchos (capes).
- The water was cool, the wooden bench, covered with a woollen poncho, seemed most comfortable, and the view was marvellous…
- Women specialized in making clothing, such as ponchos, loincloths, and skirts.
- 1.1A waterproof garment in the style of a poncho worn as a raincoat.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There was no Goretex, waterproof poncho or other warm-fuzzy gear in GI Joe's haversack.
- In fact the dancing in water antics are so boisterous that audience members on the front row were issued with special theme-park style ponchos to wear before the show.
- You just need to pray that it does not rain or, to be on the safe side, bring one of those plastic poncho raincoats that fits in your purse.
early 18th century: from South American Spanish, from Araucanian.
Más definiciones de ponchoDefinición de poncho en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.