- A tree fern found in forests throughout New Zealand. Also called silver fern.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Cyathea dealbata, family Cyatheaceae
- The walk there and back took us through some beautiful bush with huge silver ferns, beach trees, pungas, pohutakawa, cabbage trees and palms.
- ‘They had a singular beauty, outstanding amongst the exotic growth of fern and ponga on the slopes below,’ he once wrote.
- Covered in lichen and scrub, missing boards and held together with rusty bolts the rickety structure spans a deep gorge and alights at what is now grassland pocked with ponga and scrub: a farm long abandoned.
mid 19th century: from Maori.