Definición de poppet en inglés:
1British informal An endearingly sweet or pretty child (often used as an affectionate form of address): ‘Here you are, poppet,’ the nurse said
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The problem is not that your husband won't take you to parties, my poppet, the problem is that you blotted your social copy book.
- But I'll be back, my little poppets, full of pictures and stories just as soon as possible.
- This is Thailand after all, isn't it, my poppet.
2chiefly historical A small figure of a human being used in sorcery and witchcraft.
- But my husband gets these crazy ideas that my poppets are voodoo dolls and that I stick pins in them.
- When I do a spell, I whip out a candle, make a poppet, and I chant.
- You can make a poppet, host a vigil, meditate, write a poem, anything that will contribute to the swell of positive energy.
3 (also poppet valve) Engineering A mushroom-shaped valve with a flat end piece that is lifted in and out of an opening by an axial rod.
- The fuel pressure overcomes the spring tension in the poppet valve, forcing it from its ball and seat, injecting fuel into the prospective cylinder.
- The second combustion chamber also has a cam 18 driven exhaust poppet valve 14 which can be selectively disabled to a closed position to deactivate the second combustion chamber.
- They were also equipped with Franklin Type B rotary-cam poppet valve gear, which had outside drive shafts.
Words that rhyme with poppetmoppet
Definición de poppet en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia