A herbaceous plant with showy flowers, milky sap, and rounded seed capsules. Many poppies contain alkaloids and are a source of drugs such as morphine and codeine.
- Papaver and other genera, family Papaveraceae (the poppy family): many species, including the wild red-flowered corn poppy (P. rhoeas). The poppy family also includes the corydalis, greater celandine, and bloodroot
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Plants like peonies, poppies, and irises should also be planted in the fall season.
- There will be colourful flowers, such as poppies to look at and smell, prickly plants and vegetables to eat.
- We tried cheerful annuals, marigolds, nasturtiums and poppies.
Palabras que riman con poppychoppy, copy, floppy, jalopy, moppy, sloppy, soppy, stroppy
adjetivo (poppier, poppiest)
(Of popular music) tuneful and immediately appealing: catchy, poppy tunes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's your standard fare of poppy dance music with a vocalist whose R&B stylings come through her voice.
- He pushed a button on a small remote in his hand, and some annoying poppy music started playing.
- These dozen folk-punk songs swing with an infectious rhythm and rollicking, poppy beat.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda