- It's a cross between netball and football, and is popular with Norwegian girls in this country.
- I was awkward around girls, albeit very popular with them because I could make them laugh.
- Mardar is a motorcycle courier, popular with the girls for his brooding good looks.
- Moreover, no popular bestseller has been written or translated on this issue.
- I wonder if this approach is so popular because of intellectual laziness as much as anything else?
- Not that Home has much hope of appealing to popular taste stuck away on BBC Four, of course.
- We have at least established that contrary to popular belief, Yanks do have a sense of humour.
- There is a popular belief that property is a better investment than shares.
- In modern drama there is no such thing as the rational counter to wildfire popular beliefs.
- The salient reality was the depth of popular antipathy to the political establishment as a whole.
- I fear that you are the victim of a political party struggling to find popular appeal.
- The election was held without any great popular enthusiasm for any politician.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- His manner is honest and straightforward and he is not given to political spin or the flood of trivial popularism which seems to guide much of our media and ‘public opinion’.
- To pander to popularism would be the death of the Booker.
- It became a battle between Yeltsin's popularism and Gorbachev's stifling authority.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'prevalent among the general public'): from Latin popularis, from populus 'people'. Sense 1 dates from the early 17th century.
Palabras que riman con popularcopula
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.