sustantivo[mass noun] Medicine
- A rare hereditary disease in which there is abnormal metabolism of the blood pigment haemoglobin. Porphyrins are excreted in the urine, which becomes dark; other symptoms include mental disturbances and extreme sensitivity of the skin to light.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Other metabolic neuropathies include symptomatic thyroid disease, porphyria, and renal or hepatic failure.
- Clinically identical acute attacks can occur in acute intermittent porphyria, variegate porphyria, hereditary coproporphyria, and plumboporphyria.
- The actual article, of course, has much more to it: the cause of his madness has been diagnosed as vitamin deficiency, anaemia, hyperthyroidism and a metabolic disease called porphyria.
1920s: modern Latin, from porphyrin.
Más definiciones de porphyriaDefinición de porphyria en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.